You have not previously installed antivirus on your PC and malicious software is introduced into your system ? Or your antivirus had not detected ? All is not lost, you can delete it yourself and find a computer in good working condition.
If you notice these 3 signs, then your PC is infected by a virus :
Windows running unusually slowly.
Many pop-up messages will cease to pop up.
Unknown programs run automatically without your consent.
Note that it is always possible to access Windows and the internet, then this tutorial may apply to your case.
How to delete a virus on your computer ?.
If you have an antivirus program, you can then run a scan. If it fails to detect a virus, follow these 3 steps carefully and restart your computer only after you have carried out.
You will need to use both the 3 programs recommended below.
1. To detect the malicious process and block access to the operating system, use rkill.
2. Then, install the latest version of Malwarebytes and run it. It gets rid of malware and Trojan horses. Go into Settings, then in the tab Protection , and click the option Search for rootkits. Return to the dashboard and click Scan now.
3. Finally, download the latest version of Malwarebytes ADWclearner, run it and click Scan now. ADWcleaner will take care of the removal of pop-up advertisements (adware).
Remove a virus without access to Windows.
If you are not able to access Windows and run a virus scan, then you will need to create a recovery tool, it will serve you to reset your PC.
You will need a second computer and a recovery disc (CD, DVD, or USB blank). Then, download the free recovery tool Norton.
1. If you use a blank CD or DVD, insert it in the dedicated reader. Go in the Norton program, do a right-click on NBRT.iso and click Burn disk image. In the Windows disc image burner, select your Burner, then click Burn.
2. If you use a USB key blank, then install the program Rufus.
Insert your key, and under Formatting Options, next to Create a startup disc and choose ISO Image in the drop-down menu.
Click on thedisk icon to the right and select NBRT.iso. Click Start, and then click OK, your key will be formatted and the iso file will be copied to it.
Now, insert your recovery disk in the infected computer. You will need to turn it on to enter the BIOS setup.
To do so, upon startup, press the F2 key (depending on your PC it may be another key, please refer to the manual of your computer).
Navigate the boot options with the arrow keys of your keyboard and locate your recovery disk as the first drive.
Save your changes and exit the BIOS. Your PC will now launch from the specified drive.
If a start menu appears on the Welcome page in NBRT, then click Start, and then follow the on-screen instructions and finish with Run the scan.
Once the process is complete, all detected threats will be presented, as well as remedial actions for each of them.
We recommend that you analyze meticulously, because any deleted file cannot be restored.
Then, click on Correct and then confirm your action with OK. It remains only to select Restart.
How to protect your computer from viruses ?.
The best way to protect your PC from any malicious software is to install an antivirus and keep it updated.
Be aware that Windows 10 integrates by default a firewall, Windows Defender. However, we recommend that you strengthen the security of your computer with a security program.
To keep it safe, here are two other tips that you can apply on a daily basis :
Do not open blindly the attachments of emails, make sure they are still reliable sources.
When you browse the Web, analyze the URL because of phishing attacks use fake bar URL.