Intro : are You regret to have downloaded MacKeeper ? In this article, we will explain how to remove this software from your Mac, step-by-step.
1 – Remove the icon MacKeeper from your menu bar.
If you have an older version of MacKeeper, it is not enough to make a right-click on its icon to display the option to “exit”.
This software does not do the command “force quit” (option+command+esc).
Thus, to remove MacKeeper from your menu bar, you must perform the following steps :
– Launch MacKeeper from your Applications folder.
– Click on the menu MacKeeper and then click Preferences.
– Click on General.
– Uncheck the box “Show MacKeeper icon in menu bar”.
2 – Uninstall MacKeeper .
Now that you’ve gotten rid of the icon MacKeeper you can uninstall that application.
– You go in in the Applications folder.
– Move the icon MacKeeper in the Trash. It is possible that the computer asks you to confirm the operation. Click OK.
– Another pop-up should appear, very similar, asking if you are sure you want to uninstall MacKeeper. Click Ok.
3 – The survey MacKeeper.
After you have uninstalled MacKeeper, it is possible that Safari automatically opens a window redirecting you to a survey. It is optional, you can ignore it if you want.
4 – Remove all traces of MacKeeper .
Although you have removed MacKeeper from your computer, it is likely that this software has languished of files behind him.
– View your folder, Start by pressing the keys Shift+Command+H.
– Move the folder MacKeeper Backups in the recycle bin.
You can also check other locations.
– Go to Finder, then in menu bar click Go then Go to folder. In the search bar copy/paste the following locations and delete what you find :
~/Library/Application Support/MacKeeper Helper..
~/Library/Application Support/MacKeeper Helper.
5 – Remove the pop-up MacKeeper in Safari .
If you are infected pop-up promotional MacKeeper when you use Safari, perform the following steps :
Quit Safari by pressing Command+Option+Esc..
Re-launch Safari while holding down the Shift key (otherwise the pop-up will reappear). .
Appointment in Preferences → Extensions , and delete everything you don’t remember to have installed.
6 – Remove the pop-ups in Chrome.
If you also see appear a pop-up in Chrome, go to Window → Extensions.
A list of the various installed extensions will then appear. If you have a doubt on it, then uninstall it.